4.08 - 35 Reviews
A miracle of stillness, epitome of perfect shades of blue, a beauty in tragedy, Attabad lake is Pakistan's largest artificial lake created by a severe landslide in Attabad Village, Gojal valley back in 2010. Bluest of all, this lake connects the glorious Hunza valley to the Serene Passu in Gojal valley.The sangfroid 45 minutes boat ride in the lake to the nirvana on the other end is an unforgettable experience. As the boat meanders through the turquoise colours lake lapped by high rugged colossal mountains the journey seems to arrest in your heart forever where every scene tends to have multiple makeovers having an instant display of splendour. During the summer the warm climate soothes the soul and the glistening sunshine shines onto the sparkling still water where the only ripples created are because of the boat. Emotions intensified when you come across one of the wonders of the majestic Passu Cathedrals rise dramatically behind the fluttering clouds. In winters even you can walk over the frozen 10 km pathway of Attabad lake.
Khunjerab pass (elevation 4,693 metres or 15,397 feet) is a high mountain pass in the Karakoram Mountains in a strategic position on the northern border of Pakistan's Gilgit–Baltistan Hunza - Nagar District on the southwest border of the Xinjiang region of China. Its name is derived from Wakhi 'Khun' means Home and 'Jerav' means spring water/water falling.
Naltar is a valley near Hunza, in the Gilgit–Baltistan province of Pakistan situated 40 km from Gilgit. It has an internationally recognised ski resort which attracts ski professionals from around the globe.
The road from Gilgit to Naltar offers a wonder of treats for the eyes from the dusty brown of the mountains flawlessly balanced by the icy blue stream flowing in its feet, with snow-capped mountains drawing closer and closer, increasing one’s anticipation of what is to come. Passing through quaint local settlements clustered in the valley, where rosy-cheeked and starry-eyed children merrily wave as you pass by. One can enjoy sights such as luscious meadows, crystal blue streams, and milky clouds with chilly breezes.
Naltar along with its magnificent mountain scenery is home to a wide range of wildlife such as the Markor, Snow Leopards, Brown Bears, Grey Wolves, Red foxes, Beech Marten and the Leopard cat.
• Fly to Gilgit airport from Benazir International Airport, Islamabad (50mins)
• Pick up from Gilgit airport by guide/driver
• Departure for Hunza (2hrs)
• Rest at Rakaposhi view point
• Visit to and presentation inside Baltit Fort (more than 900 years old) in Karimabad
• Check-in at hotel (Early lunch)
• Trip to and presentation inside Altit Fort (more than 700 years old)
• Rest at Altit village and gardens
• Drive to highest view point (Duikar) in Hunza-Nagar (witness sunset on white peaks)
• Visit to Eagle’s nest
• Night stay in Karimabad
• Early morning departure for Pak-China Border
• Passage through Ganish bridge & ancient rock carvings
• Break at well-known Attabad lake
• Travel through newly constructed Pak-China friendship tunnels
• Passage through Hussany glacier, view of Passu Catheral/Cones(above 6000) and Shispar peak
• Pass through Passu peak and Batura (world’s 4th largest glacier) viewpoints
• Enter Khunjerab National Park in
• Shopping time on return in Sost
• Night stay in Karimabad
• Morning drive to Naltar
• Stop-over at Rakaposhi view point
• Visit Naltar lakes
• Visit highest Skiing resort
• Back to Gilgit
• Night stay in Gilgit
• Departure for Gilgit airport for Islamabad
• Arrival in Islamabad
Prices are mentioned in rupees per person.
|Benefits||Platinum (By Air)||Gold (By Air or Road)|
|Accidental Death & Permanent Disability||1,000,000||5,00,000|
|Accidental Medical Reimbursement||50,000||25,000|
|Emergency Medical Evacuation||30,000||15,000|
|Repatriation of Mortal Remains *||15,000||15,000|
|Loss of Baggage||7,500||3,500|
|Loss of CNIC||2,000||1,500|
* In case of natural death only.
By Aswad anees
By Maham ashfaq
By Muhammad Kashif
By Mohsin Butt